Vacancies at Sancton Wood
Part-time Maths Tutor
Wanted for immediate start. PT maths tutor for a small group of Y9 students. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Part-time Teacher of Chemistry
Sancton Wood is a small, family friendly school with pupils aged 1-16 years. Recognised for its outstanding contribution to the social and emotional development of each individual child.
The school is now embarking on an ambitious expansion plan, which will see its profile, raised within the Cambridge landscape of independent education and which will significantly develop provision. Key elements of that plan are the improvement and development of facilities, and the enrichment of both the curricular and extra-curricular provision.
Sancton Wood emphasises the core curriculum of English, Maths, Science and Languages. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are taught separately and our aim is to give each student a sound scientific foundation using a mix of practical investigation, written work and class discussion. We have well-designed laboratories in addition to being able to visit the University of Cambridge’s Cavendish Laboratory and Botanical Gardens.
If you are passionate about teaching Chemistry and being a part of this influential department, we would like to hear from you. In return we offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
Nursery Nurse required
We are looking for a happy and helpful team player, who has a passion for working with children and drive to achieve outstanding practice.
The position is full time 8.30 – 3.30pm term time only. However, there will also be the opportunity for additional hours including a late and/or early start and potential to extend hours to holiday clubs.
-Working in a term time setting
-Strong training and experience given to staff
To be successful for this position: –
– Ideally, you must hold an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent and be able to demonstrate how you implement the EYFS within the nursery setting.
– You will need to demonstrate your commitment to children at all times taking into consideration their wellbeing, safeguarding and development.
– You will need to be an excellent communicator and demonstrate a professional level of written communication skills and good computer skills.
– You will need to have the ability to work with colleagues to make positive changes within the Nursery following the EYFS.
– You will need to demonstrate your ability to work in partnership with families.
– You will need to have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as actively participate with the wider nursery team.
– Ideally have previous experience of working with children in early years, and being a key person is necessary minimum 2 years.
– A First Aid certificate would be desirable.
A current enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) or Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) is advantageous. (All successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check).
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent