Vacancies at Sancton Wood
Part-time Maths Tutor
Wanted for immediate start. PT maths tutor for a small group of Y9 students. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Part-time Teacher of Chemistry
Sancton Wood is a small, family friendly school with pupils aged 1-16 years. Recognised for its outstanding contribution to the social and emotional development of each individual child.
The school is now embarking on an ambitious expansion plan, which will see its profile, raised within the Cambridge landscape of independent education and which will significantly develop provision. Key elements of that plan are the improvement and development of facilities, and the enrichment of both the curricular and extra-curricular provision.
Sancton Wood emphasises the core curriculum of English, Maths, Science and Languages. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are taught separately and our aim is to give each student a sound scientific foundation using a mix of practical investigation, written work and class discussion. We have well-designed laboratories in addition to being able to visit the University of Cambridge’s Cavendish Laboratory and Botanical Gardens.
If you are passionate about teaching Chemistry and being a part of this influential department, we would like to hear from you. In return we offer a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
Learning Support Assistant
- To work in partnership with, and under the guidance of the SENCo and any other professionals (class teacher), concerning the educational, emotional, social and physical needs/well being of a named child.
- To liaise with SENCo and class teacher in delivering a planned programme of individualised work to the named child.
- To monitor and report on progress with the planned programme of individual work.
- To work with the child in a planned way individually, in a small group, or as part of the larger class or, when the teacher is working directly with the child, to work with other children.
- To help with setting up and maintaining activities which the named child is involved in.
- To maintain notes and observations/other records, as directed, concerning the named child.
- To play a part in the creation and maintenance of a happy, caring, and stimulating environment throughout the school by treating all children, parents and fellow professionals with kindness, openness and respect.
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and ability to work as part of a team and make use of their own initiative when appropriate. Prior SEN experience required for 20 hours per week. Have NVQ level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent qualifications or experience.
Please contact our SENDCo Harriet Carter for further details – email@example.com.