We have an exciting trip planned for next week, Thursday 9th February, when I will be taking Year 4 to the Amey Cespa waste recycling centre in Waterbeach as part of our Geography unit on Recycling and the Environment.
The visit will incorporate a range of interactive classroom based activities which will build on the children’s existing learning about waste and recycling, and also includes a tour of the site to find out where all out rubbish goes and what happens to it.
The trip will happen during the school day, but will be all day so the children will not require their PE kit.
Unless you have been advised otherwise, the children will be travelling with me on the minibus, and will be transported around the site on the Amey Cespa minibus.
What will your child need?
– a packed lunch (packed lunches will be provided by the school for those children who normally have a school dinner – if your child will bring their own and prefer not to have a school packed lunch please do advise us to avoid food wastage);
– a 2L or 4L plastic milk bottle for a craft activity;
– a small rucksack to carry pencil case, lunch and milk bottle;
– appropriate foot wear – we will be moving around the site to a certain extent so footwear should be comfortable, warm and well fitting;
– a coat;
– a break-time fruit snack;
– a booster car seat if required.
Hard hats and high vis jackets will be provided to the children when out on the site.